* obiee is a comprehensive reporting tool.
was getting error in connecting the local database in physical layer. ensure u have tns.ora file in obiee n/w folder
components of obiee
* presentation service
* oracle bi server
* bi scheduler
* physical layer defines physical data sources and oracle bi server
uses these definitions in order to submit queries.
* physical layer is first layer that v have to create
* there could me many data sources based on different technologies
* all BI objects will be published in d/h
* end users are going to access d/h to see the results of a/y
* any user who are connected to presentation services can access
their private d/hs
* we can also create shared d/hs that will be common to a group of
* d/h consists of d/h pages
* d/h builder is used to modify
content of d/hs
* when a user request is made, result of request can be stored
in a local file on BI server. This is called cached result.
* queries we execute against DWH causes a large amount of d/b
Gathering Cache Statistics
* can be gathered by using Cache Manager (tool in BI
* these stats help us to understand queries that r satisfied from
* if most of the time queries r not being
retrieved from cache, it means v r nt managing cache successfully.
* open in online mode. cache mgr nt activated when open rpd in
* u will c cached objects & queries
* go to Action -> Show Info
* u will c Cache Information window & all stats regarding cache.
* publishing analytical reports in d/h will nt satisfy business
* business users will be interested in some reports that they can
compare their values.
* KPI r also building blocks of strategy mgt.
* in balanced scorecard mgt technique in an
organization, first create KPI & use create scorecards using
how check version of OBIEE 
Migrating OBIEE Projects Between DEV and PROD Environments
Top 3 challenges for OBIEE rpd development 
Oracle BICS (Business Intelligence Cloud Services)
How to Examine the SQL in a BI Answers Report 
[sanref1] [Migrating OBIEE Projects Between DEV and PROD Environments] [https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2008/04/migration-obiee-projects-between-dev-and-prod-environments/]
[sanref2] [OBIEE - Reporting on Multiple Subject Area (Advanced Logical SQL)] [https://gerardnico.com/wiki/dat/obiee/obis/multiple_subject_area]