Dimensions & Measures in t/u 
Calculation / Calculated Fields
- row-level calculations
- aggregate-level calculations
- table calculations
Quick Table Calculations
Scope & Direction
Addressing & Partitioning
Filter / Filtering Data
VizQL (Visual Query Language)
1. filter actions
2. highlight actions
3. url actions
Certificationhow customer/people r using t/u. check it here [sanref5]
which chart or graph is right for u? [sanref6]
in Example – is least profitable always unprofitable? of chapter 7 in [sanb1]
you complete this e.g. note that this e.g. is showing profit from
various angles i.e. first by catetory, then by item, then by region,
then by timelines
* visually represent the data in a way that makes comparison of value across different categories easy to compare. [sanb1]
* length is primary means by which u will visualize data. [sanb1]
* may incorporate color, size, stacking & order to communicate
additional attributes & values [sanb1]
* connect the releated marks in a visualization to show movement or relationship between connected marks.
* position of marks & the line that connect them r primary means of communicating data.
* u can use size & color to visually communicate additional information.
* most common type of line chart is time-series.
* time-series show movement of values over time.
* developed as stanford research project
good structure for t/u
* tall & narrow data instead of short & wide.
* star schema.
[sanb1] Learning Tableau [https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/learning-tableau]
[sanb2] Tableau 10.0 Best Practices [https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/tableau-100-best-practices]
Get Started with Tableau Desktop
[sanref2] [https://www.tableau.com/support/help] t/u help for all products
[sanref3] [https://www.tableau.com/support/desktop] t/u Support
[sanref4] [https://community.tableau.com/welcome] t/u Community
[sanref6] [https://www.tableau.com/learn/whitepapers] whitepapers
[sanref7] [https://www.tableau.com/learn/training] t/u free trainings video
[https://community.tableau.com/thread/238773] How to filter future dates in tableau